« November 2006 | Main | January 2007 »

December 31, 2006

Etruscan Tombs

travel estruscan tombs From a travelblog, a day at the Etruscan Tombs.
When we arrived at Cerveteri, we noticed that the tourist information booth was closed. The Etruscan tombs are about a mile outside of town and I didn't know how to get there, but Ivan offered to give me a ride to the tombs since his family's house was nearby. Along the way he kept on quizzing me to make sure I would know the path back to town after he dropped me off, which was another kind gesture.

Etruscan Tombs - Cerveteri - Italy - Travel Blog

Posted on December 31, 2006 07:28 PM by bcs. .

December 24, 2006

An Indian In Eqypt

travel alexandria egypt Traveling in Egypt from an Indian perspective.
Two things would strike Indians on a visit to Egypt — the warmth that the hoi polloi exude when they run into Indians and, the phenomenal popularity of “Big B” Amitabh Bachchan.

Let us Joy � Blog Archive � In Egypt, India is Big B!

Posted on December 24, 2006 01:01 PM by bcs. .

December 23, 2006

American Airlines: The Biggest Loser!

travel american airlines vintage jet This blogger thinks American Airlines is not living up to its brand.

« The Award For The Worst Flying Experience In My Entire Life Goes To American Airlines

They Know Why I Fly and Do Not Care: American Airlines, Your Are The Years Biggest Loser!

Posted on December 23, 2006 07:41 PM by americ125.

December 22, 2006

JetBlue American Express

travel jet blue american express card Doing the math on the Jet Blue American Express card.

If I use JetBlue's new AmEx card I can accrue points towards free flight. Sounds good until you check out the conversation rates between real dollars and Jet Blue points.

JetBlue American Express card promotion

Posted on December 22, 2006 07:36 AM by jet bl133.

December 21, 2006

Flying For Continental

travel continental airlines boeing 787 Keep the good times rolling at Continental Airlines.

Mike started his new job with Continental Airlines in late 2005. This was a big change for us in many ways. He is now flying the 757 and 767. He is still on reserve (on call) but that is turning out to be a pretty good deal. He lucked out, by some miracle, to get based in Houston. He rarely has to work so he is home alot. In fact, this month he has only flown 2.5 hours, to San Antonio and back. I’m very jealous. I wish I could get paid to stay home everyday! Let’s all keep our fingers crossed that all this merger talk goes away!!

Thanks to Friends & Family

Posted on December 21, 2006 11:41 PM by contin128.
Filed in Travel Blog under continental airlines.

December 13, 2006

San Antonia Spa

travel watermark hotel & spa san antonio From a blog that highlights great spas, the Watermark Hotel & Spa in San Antonio.
The Watermark Hotel & Spa is just one of two spas in the entire state of Texas to earn this prestigious distinction in Mobil Travel Guide's 2005 America's Best Hotels and Resort Spas.

Spas of Life | A Daily Blog of the Best Spa & Wellness Experiences in the World

Posted on December 13, 2006 02:01 PM by bcs. .

December 08, 2006

China Travel Tips

travel shanghai street Click through for great tips on traveling in China.
My friend MT is visiting Shanghai by the end of Sept. He is very excited about it. It is his first trip to China! He asked what is my suggestion for him to prepare the trip. I do have some tips.

Voyage in China News Center � 7 Tips to Travel to China This Quarter

Posted on December 8, 2006 10:49 PM by bcs. .

December 01, 2006

When You Have To Go

travel japanese toilet Sometimes the best part of going there is going there.
The thing I miss and remember most from Japan are the toilet seats, called washlets there. They would sense my arrival and automatically lift up their lids. The seat would always be warm and comfy, as would the water jets to clean after the "business" had been done, always at the right temperature, pressure and perfect aim.

VineetaChopra.com: the conscious pursuit of a good life

Posted on December 1, 2006 12:34 AM by bcs. .