« September 2006 | Main | November 2006 »

October 30, 2006

Comparing Airlines

travel american airlines interior An accounting student compares American Airlines to its bankrupt competitors.

My Financial Data and Statement Analysis class is going fairly well. My final project for that course will be comparing three major airline corporations and its subsidiary companies: American Airlines, Delta Airlines, and United Airlines although Delta and United Airlines are bankrupted, American Airlines will be the likely corporation to invest in if only those three were an option to invest money on, but I would look to other airlines for better investing opportunities. This class is most enjoyable. This course is actually something I can use and apply when I want to invest some day.

UCSB Fall Quarter Update

Posted on October 30, 2006 06:38 PM by americ125.

Lost Your iPod?

travel ipod on plane Can the blogosphere connect an iPod lost on United Airlines with its owner?

If you live in the New England area and flew on United Airlines on or about October 9th or 10th.Then contact David Berlind. He has your iPod.

Have you lost your iPod?

Posted on October 30, 2006 03:47 PM by united140.
Filed in Travel Blog under united airlines.

October 29, 2006

Troubles With The FBI

Travelers point out Northwest Airline's security problems on their blog at their own risk.

Via iArarat, news that 24-year-old Armenian-American computer science student Christopher Soghoian has had a run-in with the FBI for highlighting an airline security flaw. Soghoian was responsible for creating a web site that generated fake boarding passes for Northwest Airlines.

Maybe not the smartest FBI policy.

Chris Soghoian’s Troubles with the FBI

Posted on October 29, 2006 09:38 AM by northw137.

October 28, 2006

Cheaper To Fly Than Park

travel airport parking It may be cheaper to fly Southwest Airlines than it is to park for your trip.

Last weekend I was out in PA visiting with Will, Davis, Griffin and Mundis, and I can honestly say that I had a truly awesome weekend of drinking, talking shit and jamming with the gang. Thanks to Southwest Airlines and their $49 airfare each way, I’m pretty sure this won’t be the only time I fly in to Pittsburgh. Shit. My parking at Midway was as expensive as a one-way ticket, so it’s not like it’s prohibitive. I can’t even drive to Milwaukee and back for less money these days.

Last Weekend

Posted on October 28, 2006 02:40 PM by southw138.

Bye, Bye Pension

travel delta pilots Delta Airline Pilots learned the hard way about pension security.

In a recent instance, hundreds of retired Delta Airlines pilots learned their pension payments are coming to an end – at least until the PBGB comes across with its drastically reduced payments. Some even received bills for medical services that formally were taken out of their pension checks.

A hose by any other name…

Posted on October 28, 2006 12:37 AM by delta 129.
Filed in Travel Blog under delta airlines.

October 24, 2006

Longsheng County

travel longsheng longji Longji and Ailing hot springs are the standout attractions in this account of Longsheng County.
Longsheng County locates in Guilin 100 miles from the northwest; it is famous at home and abroad for its strange stones, beautiful rivers and the custom of the minority. In my opinion, Longji (the back of a dragon) terrace and Ailing hot spring attract me most.

Trayle > crystal place

Posted on October 24, 2006 07:30 PM by bcs. .

Wishing For Beijing

travel beijing This blogger dreamed of travel to Beijing.
Beijing (Peking) is well known for its flatness and regular constructions. Like the configuration of the Forbidden City, Beijing has concentric "ring roads", which are actually rectangular, that go around the metropolis. It was also the seat of the Qing dynasty emperor until the formation of a republic in 1911, so it has rich historical sites, and important government institutions. Taking a travel to Peking is my long-cherished wish. In the golden autumn of 2000, I achieved what I’d dreamed for a long time, that was visiting to the heart of our motherland—Peking, and I really experienced its fantastic scene.

crystal_place: My travel to Peking

Posted on October 24, 2006 07:17 PM by bcs. .

October 20, 2006

Temple Paths At Kumbakonam

travel temple kumbakonam A great travelblog of Indian temples.
I made a quick survey of Tamil nadu map and learnt that Kumbakonam is another ‘Temple town’ in the Rice basket of Tamil Nadu, Thanjavur District. Due thanks must be given to my friends Sai and Varadaraj , who have travelled on this circuit many times before and were able to give me precise info on how to go about, within minutes of mailing a request..

Bangalore Guy in Chennai writes...: Treading the temple paths at Kumbakonam

Posted on October 20, 2006 10:46 PM by bcs. .

October 13, 2006

Top 5 Roller Coasters In Las Vegas

travel las vegas Click through for the best roller coaster rides in Las Vegas.

The Top 5 Roller Coasters in Las Vegas are:

Top 5 Roller Coasters in Las Vegas

Posted on October 13, 2006 08:38 AM by las ve134.
Filed in Travel Blog under las vegas.

Way Too Early To Be On BART.

travel delta airlines Delta scores for this BART rider.

But I made it. Here I am on the flight to Atlanta, Georgia where I transfer to a small flight to Birmingham, Alabama, arriving five minutes before I left. Magically, I scored one of those coach seats just behind the first class wall, which means more leg room and only one person to my right. Not bad Delta Airlines, not bad. Perhaps the most surprising thing I found on Delta’s radio network is a station that plays electronic music. They also had a program where Elvis Costello is the MC. Someone is doing their job at Delta.

6:30am is way too early to be on BART.

Posted on October 13, 2006 12:37 AM by delta 129.
Filed in Travel Blog under delta airlines.

October 12, 2006

"I Left My Hamstrings ... In San Francisco"

travelocity travel for good Nice story about a Travelocity Travel for Good day.

About 30 employees, friends, and family joined in the San Francisco National Public Lands Day effort, which was co-sponsored by Travelocity and served as the kickoff event for Travelocity’s cause program, Travel for Good.

“I Left My Hamstrings…in San Francisco”

Posted on October 12, 2006 04:40 PM by travel139.

October 11, 2006

Time Machine: What I was Reading in October, 2002

travel amtrak lake shore An old post and a ride on the Amtrak Lake Shore Limited.

On a recent October night, after the FBI released one of its now customarily nebulous warnings (in this case that Al Quaeda might be targeting American railway systems next), I happened to be asleep on board Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited, bound from Albany, NY to Chicago.

Time Machine: What I was Reading in October, 2002

Posted on October 11, 2006 07:37 PM by amtrak126.

Lake Wanda

travel amtrak st louis Click through for some excellent Amtrak snaps.

Now the first update from the Montana Trip. Here are two pictures from Tuesday’s journey on Amtrak #22, both taken from the window in our roomette. First up is a view of the Mississippi River as we were leaving St. Louis and its familiar arch behind.

Lake Wanda

Posted on October 11, 2006 07:37 PM by amtrak126.

October 09, 2006

John D. MacArthur Beach State Park Cleanup

travelocity travel for good Another good Travelocity Travel for Good story.

As part of the Give Time Together Campaign and Travelocity’s Travel for Good program, our group was dedicated to helping clean up the beach at John D. MacArthur Beach State Park in North Palm Beach.

John D. MacArthur Beach State Park Cleanup - North Palm Beach

Posted on October 9, 2006 05:39 PM by travel139.