« May 2006 | Main | July 2006 »

June 25, 2006

New Orleans Travel

travel new orleans blue tarp A report on recent travels to New Orleans.
The drive to the center of the city was an eye-opener as we drove across one of the Lake Pontchartrain bridges and through eastern New Orleans. Miles of empty, blasted-out apartment complexes and blue-tarp-roofed subdivisions are still uninhabited, with fences and privacy walls crushed and flattened. If you are driving in from the east and take the off ramp from I-10, turn right (instead of left towards the tourist areas near the Mississippi) and you are immediately looking at more deserted, boarded-up housing areas and crumpled homes with the famous spray-painted indications of whether bodies were found within or not.

Travel to New Orleans: A Snapshot Report. � TravelBlog Archive � Family Travel

Posted on June 25, 2006 11:53 PM by bcs. .

June 10, 2006

Cracks At JetBlue

travel jet blue tails As long as the cracks are in JetBlue's customer service and not their planes.

What would make JetBlue even better than it already is? As an aside, I love flying Jet Blue, and racked up over 40 flights on the airline last year, but it is already showing cracks in its customer service. I hope they don’t let that continue to slide.

JetBlue +

Posted on June 10, 2006 06:41 AM by jet bl133.

Roadtrip To Yellowstone National Park

travel holiday inn yellowstone park A Holiday Inn on your way to Yellowstone National Park.

Headed north-east towards Idaho. I passed Register Rock, a place where travellers from over 100 years ago stopped for a rest and left graffiti on the rock! Later that evening, my GPS decided to take me down a dirt-track road! I turned around as it was getting too dark. At around 11pm, I arrived in West Yellowstone at the Holiday Inn.

2705 miles!! Roadtrip to Yellowstone National Park

Posted on June 10, 2006 04:40 AM by holida131.
Filed in Travel Blog under holiday inn.

June 09, 2006

Going Down To Maryland

travel amtrak maryland view Avoiding boredom on Amtrak.

So this weekend I’m going be driving my brother’s car down to Maryland to help him move into his new apartment. We’re leaving early Saturday morning so we can get there before the 12 noon to pick up his keys and we’ll stay overnight to buy supplies and other apartment related materials. On Sunday night, I’m going to take the Amtrak back to New Jersey, but hopefully I’ll have enough video material left so I won’t get too bored (are a few episodes of Doctor Who, Eureka Seven, and Justice League Unlimited enough?). Anyway, I’m taking my camera with me to take pics, so watch for a new picture album coming soon.

Going Down to Maryland

Posted on June 9, 2006 07:40 PM by amtrak126.

June 07, 2006

Cool Website Of The Day

If you want your Group A boarding pass on Southwest Airline, check out this site.

If I flew Southwest Airlines, this site would be my new best friend. For less than the cost of your lunch today, Board First will secure your A group boarding pass for you. No more waiting up til midnight.

Cool Website of The Day

Posted on June 7, 2006 02:42 PM by southw138.

June 01, 2006

American Called

travel american airlines jets Dealing with the customer service reps at American Airlines.

American Airlines phoned me today. It was probably the most productive phone call I have had from them, because they acknowledged that the people I dealt with are complete idiots. She was a customer service rep, and her goal was to find out exactly what happened. Apparently the girl who lied to me is going to be reprimanded for doing so.

Another day another phone call

Posted on June 1, 2006 07:42 PM by americ125.

The Journey Begins

travel amtrak chicago Amtrak is the first hop on this trip to China.

After a week in Okoboji, I will come back to Iowa City next Friday to do laundry and re-pack for Chicago/China, and tie up any loose ends before leaving. Saturday morning I my mother will drive me down to Mount Pleasant, IA so I can board an Amtrak train to Chicago. In Chicago, I will meet up with my buddy Lee, and stay with him only to board a plane early Sunday morning.

The Journey Begins… Now

Posted on June 1, 2006 07:42 PM by amtrak126.

Summer Has Arrived

travel southwest airline tail It appears that summer had an easier arrival than this Southwest Airlines passenger.

I spent a very nice weekend up in Connecticut, arriving home last night with much less fanfare than with which I left D.C. (The trip north Thursday involved one mis-set alarm clock, one turned-off alarm clock, two missed trains, two train tickets, a track power outage up and down the Eastern seaboard, a cab ride, a missed flight, mismatched sandals not discovered until the airport, and a very helpful and sympathetic Southwest Airlines who didn’t charge me extra when they could have easily done so).

summer has arrived

Posted on June 1, 2006 02:43 PM by southw138.