« November 2005 | Main | January 2006 »

December 24, 2005

Family Visit To France

travel air france Click through for a great tour of France with the family.

I landed at CDG @10:30 AM. The regular gate was not available so we parked on the tarmac, deplaned by stairs and were bussed to the terminal. Took the Air France shuttle bus to Gare Montparnasse. Traffic was horrendous. I made my train with only 5 minutes to spare. I was so pressed for time I did not stamp my ticket. The TGV train left the station at 2:10 PM; it was a non-stop trip Angouleme arriving at 4:15 PM. As I walked on the platform toward the station, Leah came to greet me. It was so good to hug my daughter again. As we approached the van, Petey did a double take. When Andy opened the door, out Petey flew—he was excited.

Pounding the pavement...or cobblestone as it were

Posted on December 24, 2005 06:39 PM by Air Fr115.
Filed in Travel Blog under air france.

December 23, 2005

Victoria Osteen Removed

travel victoria and joel osteen Any bloggers on the flight care to comment about Victoria Osteen's removal from a Continental flight?

This morning on CNN.com there’s the story of Victoria Osteen being removed from an airplane. The FBI claims she was asked to leave, she claims she did so voluntarily. Either way, the woman caused enough problems on an airplane that she was deemed unsafe to fly. Rather than admit her mistakes and apologize, she’s argues with the FBI’s version of the story? What about accountability?

Are most Christians mentally ill?

Posted on December 23, 2005 10:39 PM by contin128.
Filed in Travel Blog under continental airlines.

Joel Osteen's Wife Forgot About Christmas Spirit

travel pastors joel and victoria osteen Here's a blogger who found the story behind Victoria Osteen's ejection off a Continental Airlines flight.

Seems Victoria Osteen, wife of Super-Mega-Pastor Joel Osteen might not be the one to count on for spreading Christmas cheer! For Victoria, it appears that Having Your Best Life Now means that when you say jump, flight attendants have to ask “how high?”

Guess That “Christmas Spirit” Crap Is Asking Too Much from Joel Osteen’s Wife!

Posted on December 23, 2005 10:39 PM by contin128.
Filed in Travel Blog under continental airlines.

Loving Evernote

travel amtrak laptop user If you travel, you might want to check out Evernote for using the web offline.

I recently loaded up EverNote with tons of content when I took Amtrak to my parent's new home (that didn't have Internet hooked up just yet). EverNote was being used on my laptop the entire train ride and I often perused material late at night. To me, it's now absolutely essential when wanting to read Web content when you don't have access to the Internet or when taking notes. The only problem that I had was that there were times when I was on different PCs when I came across content that I wanted to save in EverNote. I wanted all the content in one database instead of having three different sets of info on three different computers. After trial and error, I discovered that I could just put my EverNote database files on my USB stick and have it with me wherever I go. I just made sure that EverNote mapped to the stick and now I don't have to worry about having different content in several places. There's word that the company will have a "formal" mobile solution sometime next year, so until that happens I'll keep using my USB stick.

Loving Evernote

Posted on December 23, 2005 06:40 PM by amtrak126.

Return To Toronto

travel baggage carousel I'm beginning to think about using FedEx for my baggage.

United Airlines somehow lost my luggage in Dulles, so it took them about thirty hours after my landing to locate the luggage. Thankfully, the doorbell at 1AM earlier tonight was the luggage delivery service. That’s a difficult job, deliverying luggage at wee hours of the morning. We also purchased a Dell computer, and a $250 off coupon to go along with it. I’ve got some dental procedures lined up for tomorrow, and hopefully, I’ll be able to get going on some of the “work” I’ve planned for these few weeks.

Return to Toronto

Posted on December 23, 2005 04:40 PM by united140.
Filed in Travel Blog under united airlines.

December 19, 2005

South Of Chiapas

travel mexico chiapas Click through for more from a fun travelblog of Mexico and South America.
A week ago we were in Chiapas in the south of Mexico with no plans to venture into Central America, but again proximity got the better of us, and now we’re in Antigua quite close to Guatemala city for the next two weeks.

writeitup: forced south of the border - Guatemala

Posted on December 19, 2005 05:58 PM by mexico136.
Filed in Travel Blog under mexico.

December 17, 2005

BlackBerry Service Faces Shutdown

travel northwest airline blackberry Travelers aren't the only ones wondering what will happen with the $1 billion Blackberry lawsuit.

Officials with Northwest Airlines were worried enough to demand a recent meeting with RIM.

US BlackBerry service faces shutdown

Posted on December 17, 2005 09:41 AM by northw137.

The Boys Are Back In Town

travel hawaii waimea bay surfer If you travel to Hawaii, check out the surfing at Waimea Bay.

Waimea Bay wasn’t really breaking on December 1st, but the best big-wave surfers in the world were assembled on the sand. Propping up mean-looking nine-foot plus pintails and smiling for the cameras, the surfers were brought together for the opening ceremonies of The Quiksilver Big Wave Invitational in Memory of Eddie Aikau. Known simply as ‘The Eddie’, the world’s most prestigious big wave contest is named after Eddie Aikau, the North Shore’s first full-time lifeguard, who earned the permanent guard chair at Waimea with a sterling reputation for his life-saving work. In 1978, the voyaging canoe he was on capsized, leaving him and nine other crew members stranded 12 miles east of Lanai. Aikau paddled off in a heroic attempt to find assistance but, tragically, was never heard from again, despite the most intensive air-sea search in Hawaiian maritime history.

The Boys Are Back In Town

Posted on December 17, 2005 03:40 AM by hawaii130.
Filed in Travel Blog under hawaii.

December 16, 2005

Missions, Airlines And Money

travel continental airlines jet at gate Not a good time to be asking the airline industry for charity, it seems.

A mission team from Belmont University has forfeited a $1,000 deposit to Continental Airlines. The airline was completely legal and above-board in its actions but somewhat inflexible. The team is now asking for contributions to make up the difference — and each contribution will generate an automatic e-mail to Continental asking the airline to be more flexible in its treatment of groups doing humanitarian work!

Missions, airlines and money

Posted on December 16, 2005 10:33 PM by contin128.
Filed in Travel Blog under continental airlines.

Jet Lag Remedies

travel jet blue facial How is it possible that I missed this on my recent Jet Blue flight from JFK?

For those of you flying out of JFK in New York, you can visit the Oasis Day Spa at the Jet Blue Terminal. A 30-minute Mini-Classic Jet Lag Facial is $70. They also offer waxing, manicures, chair massage and full body massage.

Jet Lag Remedies

Posted on December 16, 2005 05:39 AM by jet bl133.

December 10, 2005

System Worked

travel american passenger shot Most people believe the system worked when Air Marshalls shot a man at the Miami airport last week.
Digby makes an excellent point in the aftermath of the Miami Airport shooting Wednesday:

NewMexiKen � The System Worked

Posted on December 10, 2005 12:43 PM by americ125.

December 06, 2005

Smoking Lounge

travel airport smoking lounge Traveling and smoking don't go together well.

A smallish room off to the side, with windows down one side that faced the concourse, and one in back that faced a closed in area of the runway, obscured by a picturesque, muted blue dumpster. If one looked carefully enough, you could also make out baggage carts and the tail end of an NWA aircrat. Not so much a “lounge” as it was a glass cubicle, a smokers aquarium, on display for the busy travellers to observe the future generation of cancer patients. Being a “lounge”, one was required to make purchase a tasty brew and/or burger in order to indulge their habit. So, I ordered a Dos Equis, and some kind of ABQ burger. After the waitress left my table, my urge to light up was quelled by a more than sufficient supply of second and thirdhand smoke.

Back to Ohio again

Posted on December 6, 2005 09:41 AM by northw137.

December 05, 2005

Seat 39G

travel united airlines cabin If you're flying from Dulles to Denver on United, here's a tip:

And in case they aren’t checking their email - oops they can’t because they used my domain for the return address - so I will tell them now, Todd V******** wants to cancel his December 4th trip… oops again. Sorry guys, a little late. But here is a little trip tip for anyone flying flight United Airlines UA903 from Dulles to Denver on December 8th, Seat 39G is going to be empty…

Let me look into the oracle.com

Posted on December 5, 2005 04:43 PM by united140.
Filed in Travel Blog under united airlines.